Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun in the Classroom

Today was a teaching day with my students so I wasn't able to get back to my own work.  I am grateful for each student that comes into my studio.  They teach me as much as I teach them.

Today Rahna brought her iPhone with the app-- Accu View.  She took a photo of the still life, made a grisaille, and then gridded it.  Finally cropped it with great negative shapes.  Unfortunately, it only works on iPhones.  If any knows of an app for the Droid that does the same thing, let me know.


Pam is finishing her still life of cherries in a bowl and it looks like it's a keeper.  She is an professional photographer by trade  and shared today about lighting at different times of the day.  Sweet light is a magical time and we talked about the colors that reflect off the creek at this time of the day.  Living on this waterway is pure magic at sunset.


Remember to sign up for the bimonthly newsletter that will come out at the end of February. 


2 comments:

  1. I left a comment on the WPSE site for your post there but I'm not sure it will appear. Just wanted to tell you that I find your still lifes to be so beautiful and evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the beautiful description of my painting--Carolina Blue. I love the word evocative. Please check back for more work. We are reworking my website with a new address. Not yet finished but for future reference it is deborahelmquist.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...